Sunday, September 6, 2015

No September BOM for PVQA

There's no September block of the month because we have no venue for our general meeting this month!  Oh well,  It's probably for the best for me because I have been traveling for the past few weeks and a sewing day would not be possible.  Here's a quick picture tour of where I've been...
East entrance of Angkor Wat, Cambodia.
Apsara, the celestial dancer, There are several thousand of these beautiful women decorating the walls of Angkor Wat.  As well as a whole variety of other wall carvings!
Side view of gate way to Angkor Thom,  ancient city adjacent to Angkor Wat.
This is the "Jungle Temple" made well know by the Tomb Raider Movie.
Koh Phi Phi, Thailand.  The low land in the middle was hit hard by the Tsunami of 2004,  but the town has mostly been rebuilt ( in concrete!) The harbor is quite beautiful and exotic looking!
The islands are beautiful and very dramatic!  
On to Singapore!  I had to see the Raffles Hotel!  
Singapore is full of inovative architecture  but this has got to be the craziest building I've ever seen!!! This is the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.  The thing on top is a Sundeck?!   
The Botannical garden was Fantastic, especially the Orchid pavillion.
And least I forget ...Quilt ideas are never to far away!
Happy September!!! cheers, CW



2 comments:

  1. It took me a minute to realize that was a floor - then I saw the shoe! Great post, great pictures. Enjoy your travels, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, the pictures look amazing. Can't believe you're THERE!! I miss you. Have a safe trip back! I'll be in Wisconsin this week but next week is wide open!

    ReplyDelete