Thursday, December 3, 2015

Birthday Gifts

If you are looking for the Nov. BOM  check the Tab at the top for the link!

My grand daughter is turning two on Dec. 6th!!
She is such a Joy!
 She loves to sort things, put them away and tiddy-up!  My kids were always the opposite,  Maximum Mess! LOL!  Anyway,  I Thought she'd enjoy theses wooden shapes on pegs.  A great sorting game and lots of options for putting things away!
One of my master teachers use to say ' pick toys that you would like to play with, you're sure to play  with your kids more often'.
I love colors and shapes too!
I thought a little bag to keep them together might help!
And save on wraping paper!
Another recent birthday;  my next younger Brother-in-law just turned 60!  I figured that deserved a quilt?!  And fortunately I had one on hand that I thought might suit him.
"Purple, Green and Blue Scraps"  about 60" x 60"
I made this as a class sample for my Scrap Strategies class awhile back,  but I have lots of samples for that class so I figured I could spare this one.
There are purple, green and blue scraps that date way back and lots of fun shapes from leftovers that add interest to the piece work. 
I quilted this quilt in an allover squiggly version of Hanging Diamonds. 
                                     
                    And backed it with a wonderful dark blue flannel, soooo cuddly and warm!
                                  Next post (BOM Monday) will be my Holiday Giveaway too!
                                                              Happy December!
                                                               Cheers, Claire W.






3 comments:

  1. Such a great gift for your granddaughter! I sure it will give her hours of busyness. Such great fabric for the bag, I can see her putting all kinds of things in. I agree, turning 60 deserves a quilt! I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag and the toy/game.

    Your quilt for your BIL is wonderful. I'd be so happy if I'd made that! Of course I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete