Friday, May 31, 2019

New Eye Spy quilt top

Shrimp season has brought us to our family cabin on Hood Canal, Washington state this week. The shrimping was a real bust yesterday but the weather has been really nice, sunny and mild.  And I've gotten some productive sew time!
My stash here at the cabin is really basic,  a bag of scraps and some random FQ's.  I also brought a number of UFO's from home all of which I lost interest in as soon as I took them out of my bag.  So I fell back to my scrap bag.  All the pieces were really small, just bits and pieces.  But I managed to make a bunch of 3.5" scrappy units.  For no particular reason I had grabbed a hunk of plan white yardage and put that in my bag with the UFO's.   What to do with the little scrappy units?  It just jumped out!
I like this setting.  Keeping track of where everything went seemed really easy!
This started our as a charitable quilt but I like it so much I think I will give it to my grand children.  We can play I spy!
There are so many wonderful images.
A pink Flamingo, Saturn, bugs, and even (if you are of a certain age) a reference to Charlie Brown!
Happy Hunting!
cheers, CW

3 comments:

  1. Well that's a great end result from limited resources. Sometimes having fewer options really helps, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Fortunately the bag had a lot of kid prints so it was pretty easy to match them up! cheers!

    ReplyDelete