Sunday, November 24, 2019

Two really old UFO's Finished!

This Top has been hanging around ready to be quilted for so long I can't even remember which decade it's from!  Well I know the kids fabric in the center was leftovers from a quilt I made for my daughter's Third grade Teacher so that's almost 20 years ago....
I don't know why it took me so long to quilt it?!   I guess there were always other things in front of it?
The border print is a real hoot!  Kind of sophisticated print for a kid quilt but it was a really good match for the center yellows!  And look they are all having a such a good time!
41" x 41"
It's small but I backed it with a wonderful soft flannel.  It will make a good "cuddley"  for some young child!
The other long time UFO is this pillow here with my doll Mary and some of her friends.  I found it all tattered  around the edges at the flea market.  It was Square.   I took off the binding and cut out the bad bits to make a circle and reconstructed the binding.
But then I stalled out becauseI did not have anything to use for stuffing....
So I started scavenging the edge trimmings from plush blankets that I use for backings.
Then I cut them into short strips.
It took a while to accumulate enough of the stuffing to fill the pillow. (like a couple of years)
Mary, and I agreed it was really to fancy for my sewing room so I found a place for it in the living room.

This picture may give the impression that my living room is very formal.  Don't worry, the rest of the room is a mess! lol
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Happy Holiday!
cheers, CW

3 comments:

  1. Great save!! Love the "staged" living room picture...exactly how lifestyle bloggers do it as well!!! Isn't that the reason we can crop our pictures???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic finish! I love your idea of stuffing with leftover fleece. I don't use fleece very often, but I always seem to have an abundance of leftover wool batting pieces to "stuff" with. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Oh, my daughter says we have no style, but we are eclectic and cluttered and did I mention messy?! lol

    ReplyDelete