Saturday, September 19, 2020

Lots of Finishes!

 I've got lots of Finishes to share today.  Some are Real finishes  (Quilted and Bound) and some just 'phase finishes' ( finished tops or quilted and not yet bound ).  

Back in July I was avoiding the purple project and started playing around with some Green orphan blocks.  I got those put together...

Some of those blocks were so old they were hand pieced!

I had so much fun with that project I thought I'd keep going with some Blue and gold orphan blocks and pieced this top and I even got it quilted!
I had been itching to use that pretty canary fabric for ages.  I think using it for the border worked really well!   And I was able to use up a lot of my blue and gold stash in the inner borders.
And then even more for the backing!
I spent to much time putting details into the quilting that really don't show.  Oh well.  Experiment and learn...
This next quilt has kind of an interesting background.   Someone donated a big bag of 9" squares of yarn dyed plaids to the guild flea market and I snatched them right up!   Fabric at $5.00 / lb.  I can afford that!  Included in the bag were some already quilted squares.  The batting between the two squares was cut smaller than the squares by about and inch on each side.  Maybe the quilter intended to sew them together with the raw edges out so they would fray when washed?! 
But they were all a bit wonky so I decided to sew them together and machine applique the striped fabric over the raw seams giving it a more tidy finish.
Here's the back side.
It will make a nice lap quilt for a Hospice patient!
Here are 3 previously posted as tops, Kid's quilts now all finished;  quilted and bound!

Such cute Kid's fabrics!!!

I used this cute flannel for the backings.  It was a flat fold at Beverly's @ $7.00/ yard. 
That's all for now!
I hope you are all safe and sound!
Take Care!  CW



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have been busy with all this lovely stitching. There is so much to please the eye here, so many pretty fabrics and pattern to be seen. Love those pretty baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Good work, Claire! The technique you used with the plaid squares is genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy, It was fun to figure out how to use those weird squares and I think the quilt, tho' a little unconventional turned out pretty well!

      Delete
  3. Someone has been very productive! Looks like a fun exercise that resulted in lot of fabulously unique quilts. Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, I'm really trying to concentrate on my UFO's!

      Delete