Friday, December 11, 2020

Vintage quilt finds a new home!

 My friend Helen who is one of the coordinators of the distribution day for CZU quilts sent me this picture.  You can't see it because the fellow is wearing a mask but he's smiling from ear to ear!  Sandy H. over at My Material Creations was helping that day and she assisted this fellow in looking for a quilt to take home.  Sandy said when they got to the table where this quilt was he went straight to it!   He said 'it really made his day!' 

This quilt almost did not make it to the party!  It was donated to our local guild Flea Market a couple of years ago.  It's mostly all wool, tied, with a fairly worn flannel backing.  It's very heavy.  I had to wash it about 3 times to get the musty smell out of it.  

The last hour of our Flea Market everything is FREE (less to cleanup that way).  I was strolling around the Market that year to see what was left and there was this quilt.  Not wanting it to go away for free I snatched it up in hopes to find another way to sell it.  Due to my lack of energy it has been sitting in storage since then but when I was going through some of my vintage quilts looking for things to donate I got this quilt out.  I showed it to Helen and we both agreed it had a certain 'rustic charm'  and that's how it found a new home!

It's folded over.  It's twice the size showing.  
You just never know how quilts will connect with people.
I'm so glad it found a new home where it will be loved and enjoyed!
Happy Holidays!
Take Care!

7 comments:

  1. That is wonderful, Claire! Happy Hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful--what a save, Claire! I like it too and it will certainly be warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah ... it was very heartwarming when he picked that quilt. Funny I don’t remember seeing it at the bargain garden. Probably a good thing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brigh and cheerful quilt, good to have a new loving home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, the quilt and the story.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how wonderful for both of you! Now that quilt would cheer me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the kind of quilt I love - and what a heartwarming end (and new beginning) for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete