Sunday, May 2, 2021

A Very Old UFO

 A fellow guild member donated this Broken star quilt top to my charitable small quilt group about 25 years ago.  The colors are really fabulous but the top had A Lot of Structural Problems.  I would get it out every year or so and wonder if I could fix it.  I finally decided a couple of years ago that I would simply trim off all the outer points which were quite wonky and tattered and square it up.

That's as far as I got 'til recently because I really didn't know what I would do with it once I finished it.  But since CZU wants bed size quilts I finally found a charitable project that could use it!  
 I sewed some Borders on it and got it on the quilt frame!  I'm about half way done with the quilting.  A lot of ruler work which means a lot more time but I'm liking the way it looks!

I've had a number of  long standing UFO's over the year but none has kind of haunted me the way this one has.  Maybe because I knew it would take a lot to put it right (plus / minus) and I just was not motivated to do it.  But now that it's almost done I'm glad I put in the time!

                            I hope you are all out having great weekends!!!  take care, CW




4 comments:

  1. It's great that you found a solution for this quilt and are enjoying the quilting. It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty quilt, a wonderful charity quilt. You're doing a great job with the quilting, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent save of a wonky but beautiful top! I love the quilting so far, which lends it a somewhat contemporary and very happy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good save for this quilt. It's going to be so well loved!:)

    ReplyDelete