Thursday, December 9, 2021

Favorite Tip

I'm Participating in the Blog- o' -Day Challenge here's a link back to moppin.com for the link-up;

https://muppin.com/the-2021-31-day-blog-writing-challenge/

Good Morning!  I hope you all are well and safe and ready to sew!!  I think even after all these years of sewing my favorite tip is still boils down to one principle.  Cut a little bigger-sew-and trim to size.  I'm not a really fussy sewer on any level but I do pride myself on being an accurate piecer.  And you'd be surprised how much  goes into that.

For a couple of years I coordinated the Block of the Month for my local Guild and I posted instructions for most every Block.  Here's a post from a Block that I featured tips on accurate piecing.  Have fun!

https://cspoonquilt.blogspot.com/2015/06/june-bom-accurate-piecing-continuing.html

Here's a pic of the Block in the finished top:

Have a great Day, see you tomorrow!  cw




6 comments:

  1. Such a great version of the sailboat block quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's still one of my most favorite lap quilts. It lives on the couch in the TV room and gets used all the time!

      Delete
  2. That’s a good tip! Makes all the difference when you start sewing blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I will say it does take longer but especially when you are gonna swap blocks etc. accuracy is important!

      Delete
  3. That is indeed the best tip! I know they say "Measure Twice, Cut Once". My grandfather used to say, "No matter how much you cut it, it's still too short!". He was a funny guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your Grandpa was so right! Better to approach all situations with humor if you can!!!!

      Delete