Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Few More Finishes

My T-shirt quilt prompted me to review my other T-shirt projects and I decided to finish this one for my daughter as a Birthday present.  Naomi is turning 24 later this month. These shirts range from grammar school through college.
I used a fleece blanket for the backing and dark blue flannel for the binding so it will be really snuggly!

I like the way the quilting looks on the back, you can even see the girl running!
You may remember this quilt from this post.  I found some more of that border fabric and decided that would be a good way to frame it. This quilt is going to the Wheelchair bound Vets quilt project.
It's fun to quilt these kind of quilts 'cause you can just doodle and goof around and it even looks on the back.
While we were at the cabin I managed to finish this top and I got it quilted and bound last week.
These fabrics came from a scrap bag I purchased at a Talbots factory oulet many moons ago.  I think it cost all of $5.00 and there's probably enough fabric left in the bag for a couple more quilts like this.
This quilt will be donated to City of Hope.
I love Scrap bags!
Cheers, Claire W.


No comments:

Post a Comment