Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Some Finished finishes!

First up is this cute little pink scrap quilt.  Back in the day I must have done a number of pink quilts 'cause my pink bin is overflowing!  I had a lot of patches the same size and a lot of HST.  The border fab was leftovers from a quilt I made for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary,  that's got to be at least 20 years ago?!  Funny the things we remember...
 Monochrome color schemes are so easy, every piece of fab goes with everyother piece of fab!  I'm donating this quilt to the CASA the foster kids support program.

 Next up is this T-shirt quilt that I made for myself.  You can see by the link I finished the top in 2013! Since I made it for myself the quilting and binding kept getting pushed to the end of the To- do list.  But I finally finished it and it is really nice and cuddly.
http://cspoonquilt.blogspot.com/2013/09/its-my-quilt-and-ill-laugh-if-i-want-to.html

I'm not much of a fishing person but I really like fish T-shirts.
Some of them are really funny!
Next up is what I call a "Big Chunks" quilt.  A top made from fat quarters and other large chunks of fabric.  The Top was made by Randy as a backing but she decided not to use it so she gave it to me to make a charitable quilt.  I used a really cuddly minky kind of throw to back it and quilted each large patch with a different free form pattern,  Good Practice!
Sometimes I just followed the patterns in the fabric.
I thought this one looked pretty cool?  I would use this one again if I could figure out how to do it without the help of the fabric!
This is almost a twin size.  I think I will give this one to Hospice.
I try to make about 12 charitable quilts a year.  I'm a little behind schedule but I think I'll be able to catch up if I finish the tops in my last post soon!
What kind of patterns do you use for Charitable quilts?
Happy over the hump day!
Cheers, Claire W.

3 comments:

  1. Love what you did with my donations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pink quilt caught my eye, Claire, and I love it! On my computer screen it looks more peach/salmon/coral, but either way, I think it's a great quilt.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nancy, Thanks! There's definetly a lot of peach in there, I was kind of color generalizing I guess! lol! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete