Friday, January 26, 2018

More BOM finishes!

The very first BOM I presented to my Guild way back in June of 2015 was this sail boat block.  I got the idea from a quilt I saw on a post of Barbra Brackman's blog.Check out my post and a link to Brackman's here:  http://cspoonquilt.blogspot.com/2015/06/june-bom-accurate-piecing-continuing.html.
Some times when people win blocks it takes awhile before they reappear at guild as finished quilts.  The winner of these blocks from 2015 brought not one but two finished quilts to the Jan. guild meeting.  Laura said she had so much fun making more blocks to go with the blocks she won she made a whole other quilt in patriotic colors!  Brava, Laura!  They are both great quilts!

I liked this quilt so much I made more blocks and made my own version (see below).
I call it "Sailing away on an ocean of ugly fabric"  because it does not seem to make a difference what background you use as long as the foreground stands in high contrast!
The block is fun to make and not to complicated so it was easy to make enough for a nice lap sized quilt!
I used alot of stuff from my stash that I had not taken notice of in a long time.  
Lynn over at Klein Meisje Quilts picked up on the pattern as well.  See her version here http://cspoonquilt.blogspot.com/2015/06/more-ships.html  That quilt got Lynn started on a whole series of quilts exploring this idea about printed backgrounds with bright solid foregrounds.  Checkout her blog for more on that!
I think I will revisit this pattern some day soon....Lots to do...
Happy Weekend!
Cheers, CW

3 comments:

  1. All great quilts!!! Fabulous block...I'm off to check out the other ship quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cute. You must be proud to have inspired so many versions. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those little boats...my husband always wanted a sailboat, but
    we couldn't stretch to get one...perhaps a quilt would be fun...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete