Monday, August 13, 2018

Three quilts done!

I was motivated to get out some tops this week and get them quilted because we are leaving for our cabin and I wanted some new quilts to decorate the beds with!  Mind you two of these tops had been sitting around FOR YEARS!  Amazing what a little external motivation can do for my productivity!

 These first two quilts are part of a series of scrappy flannel quilts.  I keep going back to my flannel scraps thinking this will be the last one. 
I love this west coast map fabric.  Who'd of thought to make flannel map fabric?! 
I quilted the flannel tops with 1.5" parallel lines but I think I will go back and quilt more lines on the diagonal to make "hanging diamonds".  Here I lay some threads down to give an idea of what it would look like. 
This quilt is more straight forward.  Randy (Barrister's Block/blogspot.com) gave me a lot of these scraps.  
The fishing theme is very apropos' since our cabin is on Hood Canal, Wash.   
This last quilt I made while at Sunriver visiting with Randy the week of the Sister's Outdoor Quilt show.  I made it for my granddaughter who really likes Disney's minion characters.  I thought it would be fun to make her a special quilt to have at the cabin!
I think this panel is pretty cute and funny! 
If you have someone special in your life that likes Frozen or Minions Characters check out equilter.com They have a whole bunch of Novelty fabrics at 20% off right now!
Well that's all for now!
Have a great week!
cheers, CW

4 comments:

  1. heheh.. you had me with "plaids" ! :-)

    Oh how I love plaids, and I love how you mix it up with some other prints, especially the map. Hmm. Maybe the map could have a red "X" marked on it, in case you wake up and can't remember where you live!

    I'm sure you know me and my quilts well enough by now to realise the second one is right up my alley.

    Enjoy your vacation, Claire! I hope there are no fires and smoke around there this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea to have new quilts for the cabin. My favorite is your first. I quilted one of my Coin quilts with hanging diamonds and like how it turned out. Now though, I can't remember how I got them to be so parallel. The extension arm on my walking foot doesn't work properly so I know I didn't use that. Are you planning to mark those lines or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, I used my channel lock on my long arm to get those parallel lines. However, I'm not sure how I will achieve the diagonal lines. I have had used blue painter's tape in the past and that worked pretty well. But I do like my rocker arm thingy on my walking foot.... I'll let you know when I figure it out! cheers!

      Delete
  3. Great motivation. Every cabin needs some extra quilts! These look very comfy.:)

    ReplyDelete