Sunday, March 17, 2019

Another BOM quilt finished and misc. stuff...

 I have not really posted much from my local Guild show (end of Feb.)  I was so tired after the Show I just could not get myself organized enough to look at my pictures.   But I was strumming through my recent photos yesterday and noticed this quilt.  The blocks date back to a BOM I organized back in 2015 (see here )
It's always a delight to see a Finish from a BOM that I had a hand in.  It helps me feel like I'm doing something right!  Lise did a fabulous job of arranging the blocks.  The colors and shadows dance around the top and make those scrappy blocks look so elegant! Brava, Lise!
Here's another "Why Quilt's" Challenge.
Ain't it the Truth?! 
Quilting does make me Happy! Sorry I did not get the label on this one.  I really like the quilting too! 
This was my only submission besides the challenge quilt (see Feb. 25th post).   I really stretched myself on the quilting in this one.  I actually spent many hours on Pinterest searching for quilting styles that I could manage.  And then I made a sampler of all the patterns that I thought might work. 
 Some of the stippling is ridiculously small.  I got started filling in those triangles with small pebbles and then realized I was trapped in the land of the miniature and there was no where to go except finish the row in the same scale.
It made me realize I don't spend nearly enough time practicing my quilting.  I'm still pretty old school.  I don't like super heavy quilting on my quilts.  I admire the skill that it takes to produce it but my main goal is still to make quilts to be used and cuddled and I think sometimes the heavy quilting can detract from that.
Oh, well, onward  and outward.
Always trying to find Balance.
Happy Week to you all!
Spring is almost here!
Hang in there!
cheers, CW



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing. Id say your skill level is right up there with the best of them, Claire. Excellent job! (Can you imagine trying to do that quilting by hand? )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is awesome! I don't think I'll ever be able to do something like that. Well, maybe because I'm not motivated because I like hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I missed your show. Sujata's quilts must have been interesting to see hung together and your guild is so productive.

    ReplyDelete