Friday, November 6, 2020

Back to the Scrap Bag

My DH and I are taking a little "time out" at our family cabin on Hood Canal.  The cabin is small so I tend to pick sewing projects that can be contained.  Out came the scrap bag that I worked from last Summer.  Still lots of fun stuff in there.  This time I chose my favorite scrap strategy;  sewing patches to strips and then sewing those to more strips etc.  You can find a full demo. at this old post.

It's a lot of fun and a real stress free kind of sewing.  It does not require any accurate piecing until the final square-up which suits me in these anxious times! 
These blocks finish at 6".  I will need about 64 framed with 1.5" sashing to make a decent sized bed quilt.
I've got plenty of scraps and lots of time so....Sew on!
I have about 25 finished a lots more about half done.
My day started with this beautiful tranquil view:
I wish everyone Peace!
Take Care,
CW


 

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous and tranquil view. Love all those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your retreat and your scrappy sewing, Claire!
    (I’m curious about that cutting mat.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I got that mat at a second hand store in Shelton Wa. It's kind of a hard plastic. But it's in good shape. I know the colors a bit much but ya can't misplace it?! cheers!

      Delete