Saturday, October 31, 2020

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

 I've been having a really great time visiting with my son's family!  Despite Covid restrictions we've been able to get out and about for walks and to the park.  The weather has been pretty cooperative!

I brought lots of craft projects to do with my Grandchildren.  It's so fun to watch how they approach painting and drawing and other such activities My older granddaughter, Ari (age 6) has even tried a little embroidery.  

J brought a lot of Halloween fabric and my old Singer 301 along in case I had a few spare moments to sew.  The girls play so well together there were times when they entertained themselves and I whipped up a few Holiday placemats!

I brought some Halloween orphan blocks along.  Randy over at Barrister's block gave me these little ghosties. they made cute centers for some of the placemats!

I've had this jelly roll of Moda Halloween fabrics for ages but they were perfect for the borders!  I was going for a Candy Corn look on this one.  I'm not sure the nontraditional color scheme really translated?!

I got a whole set of these pumpkin blocks from the Guild Flea Market.   They made nice centers too.

I made two of each.  Not exactly the same but similar.  The runner I made a couple of years ago but it looks great with all the placemats! 

It's been loads of fun being here but time to get back to the DH.  I'm flying home.  Another adventur in these times of Covid.  I hope you and your's are all Safe and Sound!  Take Care!

                                                                  Happy Halloween!

                                                                             CW













7 comments:

  1. That pumpkin is a design I adapted for PVQA BOM! I remember that Paul won them and made a quilt right away. He finished before some late blocks came in! Your placemats are darling--I bet the girls love them. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan! I was pretty sure they were from a BOM. I forgot that you had adapted them 'til I read ur comment. That's how I figured who made the 'Unknown' comment. small world! cheers!

      Delete
  2. You do sound as if you are having the most wonderful time. It sounds as if your grandchildren are enjoying creating along with you. Love the placemats you have been making, especially those log cabin pumpkins. Keep safe as you fly home. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I had a grand time and the G-kids were great! Thanks for the well wishes. The flight wasn't to bad. I sat at the window and the middle seat was empty so there was a modicum of 'social distancing and I had an N95 mask. Oh the times we are living in! Take care!

      Delete
  3. Oh, your table looks so festive! Fantastic idea to incorporate those orphan blocks into something so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orphan blocks can be so much! Thanks for stopping by! Take care.

    ReplyDelete