Sunday, February 13, 2022

On a whim...


I finished my big Orphan Block project quilt top and on a whim I decided to piece the back!  It was so much fun!!

I had planned to use 108" yardage for the Orphan block quilt but I did not really have anything that filled the bill.  So I just decided to dive in and make a backing.  It threw me a little off schedule but not to bad.

I have been trying for some time to make more backings.  I have soooo much fabric it just makes sense. 
Awhile back I went through my Asian fabrics and culled some of the 'less loved' pieces for making backs. So the other day when I shifted gears for this project I already had a basket of fabrics ready to go.  No time wasted Dithering about what to use, I got right to work.  So it really only took me about a day to get it done! 

Here's the finished top, it's  92" x  96" !
I know...Pretty busy, uh?!
All the more reason to have a nice backing!  I can always flip the quilt over to rest my eyes!!!
LOLOL!
I hope you are well!
Have a great Week!
take care, cw







3 comments:

  1. The fabrics in your back are gorgeous! As you say, maybe not great for blocks but when you can see so much of the fabric they're wonderful for a back.
    I can't imagine you dithering, Claire. I don't know you personally but from your posts I imagine you as more of a decisive person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful back! I like pieced backs: double the pleasure when using the quilt. I 'discovered' that when I put a fun back on a child's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Claire, that turned out fabulous! Makes me itch to get back to my scrap blocks. The pieces back is perfect - so eclectic and fun!

    ReplyDelete