Sunday, March 20, 2022

Another pieced back and a little embroidery.

 Phew!  The Quilt Show was a Marathon not a Sprint!  It has taken this long to recover!  Like all deadlines everything is set aside in regular life so that Event can Happen.  Then afterwards there's so much catch-up!  Well the show was pretty successful even tho' it was an off year because of covid.  We had to check Vax status and require masks which was fine with me but we had to hire a security guard.  But it was worth it.  Everything ran smoothly and I think most people appreciated that we had safety standards in place.

Unfortunately I was so busy in the Flea Market and other volunteer tasks I never got to take any pix of the Show.  I thought the variety of quilts this year was really excellent.  I hope our web mistress is going to posted pix if she does I'll post a link.

I've hardly sewn this month on account of all the catching up but I did get a top pinned to the quilt frame and decided to piece another back so I've got this in progress...

WOW,  I have a lot of green Flannel scraps!  LOL
My friend Randy (Barrister's Block) is in town .  We get together to sew when she's around.  I usually bring hand work cause I have a hard time talking and operating a sewing machine at the same time.  LOL My poor one track brain!  But I feel like I get a good visit in when I'm simply doing a little hand work.  The past two weeks I've been working on a little blue work embroidery.
I started this project about 10 years ago.  Handwork for car trips etc.  I told Randy if not for our sew days I'd probably never get any of these blocks done!  
I now have 28 blocks !  I want to make it big enough to cover the Top of my Cal. King bed (below the pillow line) so I've got to make at least 5 or so more blocks. And then a border...
Here are some of my favorites...
These first 3 were adapted from the original illustrations from Mother Goose. Rhymes..
"Hey diddle diddle the cat and her Fiddle
the cow jumped over the moon,
The little dog laugh to see such a sight
And the dish ran away with the spoon!"
I made a block for the cat and fiddle but I lost it somewhere, grrrr
But I will make another...
This block was adapted from and illustrated versions of 
A Children's Garden of Verses
I traced this one from a printed fabric that Randy had in her sewing room.
And no redwork / bluework would be complete without JUMBO!
Have a great week!
take care, cw






3 comments:

  1. I love your bluework...so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bluework is so whimsical and pretty. I think handwork is the perfect thing when visiting with friends. It's so portable and quiet, etc. I enjoy piecing backings on occasion but haven't pieced one in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you friends for your kind words and observations!!

    ReplyDelete