Monday, May 30, 2022

New baby quilt design and Nature photo...

 Good Monday to you!  It's a beautiful morning here on the Central Coast!  A day to remember people and count our blessings!  

Besides the good weather and the Holiday not much is going on here.  The usual Spring cleaning...but here and there I sneak away to my sewing room and have a little fun!

This past week I've been working on a new sample for another class I will be teaching at our local Quilt Shop.  A simple design for beginners using flannels for a baby quilt.  I finished the top the other day and felt quite satisfied.  But then viewing it the next day decided I really did not like the two dark grey side borders.  

So I auditioned some alternates...
I'm kinda leaning toward the light tan...
What say you?
The fabrics are really cute but the prints are kind of small scale so from a distance they don't convey much.

...And the Nature shot!
We have a family of Red Shoulder hawks in our neighborhood.
I think this fellow is a juvenile.  I noticed him by our pond the other day standing in a puddle of water.  I think he might have been trying to catch a fish but it did not go well.  He stood there for some time, probably trying to gather his senses (and dignity).
We don't usually get this close up.  Usually they see us and they are off!  But I was inside in the shade where he could not see me.  They are wonderful birds to watch And they help with the rodent problem!

I hope you have a peaceful Memorial Day surrounded by people you love.
take care, cw


2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm sure I'm too late, but I like the light tan too. Fun quilt and your students will enjoy learning how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful picture of the hawk! Lucky you to see it up close.

    ReplyDelete