Friday, May 20, 2022

Wow, It's been awhile...

 Well this isn't a record for "lapses in Blogging" but it has been awhile.   I don't think I've mentioned but Starting Jan. 8th I've been attending classes once a week for my local Master Gardeners training program. 

 Master Gardeners program is a nationwide program that trains people to help support other home gardeners in a variety of ways.  Maybe you've heard of the Master Gardeners "Hotline".   Well suffice it to say it has been Challenging  and taken up a lot of my free time.  These past three weeks I've been slogging my way through a Take-Home-Final.  Oh,  my poor brain!   But, I've learned a whole bunch and I'm looking forward to volunteering for our local Demonstration Garden.

That's a semi long way of explaining my Lapse.   This week as steam was coming out my ears from brain overload from my Final I escaped to sewing room and accomplished a few things:

I finally (no bun intended) got the borders put on this project.  I will be teaching a beginners class on this quilt construction at my local quilt store!  I need to get it quilted so it can be displayed as a Sample!

Such a fun project and so easy.  A good beginners project.

This little kid quilt had been pinned on my quilting frame for probably 5 weeks.  It felt good to get it done and off the frame where it had been taunting me!
And then I decided to just goof around!  One of my favorite things to do!  LOL
This bunch of wool scraps recently came to me by way of the grand daughter of my old friend, who past away several years ago.  Lois was a great crafter and naturally had quite a stash.  Amongst her many interests was bradded wool rug making.  I'm thinking that's what she had in mind for these scraps.  Well braided rugs aren't my thing but I thought I'd see if I can cajole these scraps into be a backing...

I'm Graduating from the MasterGardeners program next week I'll get some of my sewing time back and maybe I can figure this out!

I hope you are all well and safe!
take care, cw

2 comments:

  1. I like that quilt and I think your beginners will have fun making their own versions. They will learn lots from you!

    Since I've been away for a month +, I missed a few of your posts. It was fun to catch up. BTW, I have all sorts of wool if you want to raid my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see a post from you this morning and catch up on your sewing. The master gardeners programme sounds excellent - I would love to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete