Sunday, November 5, 2023

Happy Fall

Lots of yard work going on here... but I manage to sneak in some sewing time as well!

On the Design wall:  I was fiddling around with a collection of 'Asian fabric' themed blocks.  It's fun to just mix and match and see what I can come up with.  This collection had some gapes in some of the rows.  Which meant I was going to have to make some more blocks,  grrrrr.  At the same time I was getting antsy about JUST finishing Something!  So back into the basket went this mess and back to the closet Full of UFOs to look for something I could Actually Finish ! 

Enter this cutie.  I found this nice collection of scrappy 9 patch blocks at the guild Flea market.  There were some leftover scraps included with them which I used as the posts. The sashing and border was from my stash.  easy peasy!  Top done and ready to quilt!  

Before I could put this on the quilt frame I needed to quilt the top that was already on the Frame!

 

It's probably been there for at least a couple of weeks.

Nothing like a little back up in the queue to get me motivated forward!

NOW the stack of  quilts waiting to be Bound is getting quite tall.  I don't know what it is about binding quilts that annoys me so?!  But like all these other issues, I know, I just need to get-on-with-it to arrive at a Real Finish.   

I hope you all have wonderful Novembers!  take care, cw







 





No comments:

Post a Comment