Saturday, April 23, 2016

Dublin day 2

Well we had a nice walk over to the Gaol only to find out it was booked for the day*&^*%^&!! So we went to the museum of History and Decorative Arts instead.  It's located in the former Military barracks. A beautiful group of old stone buildings.
We hit the History section first and viewed an exhibit of the 100th anniversary of the 1916 Irish rebellion. An attempt by the Irish to separate from the British government.  A precursor to many events that ultimately brought independence. 
Then I insisted we go to the textile exhibits, and they did not disappoint!

The signage says this is a wood block but it sure looked like a copper plate to me which would make more sense?! 
  I think this last set is particularly interesting,  Take away the vail and the woman could past for someone from the '60's!
Went on a Pub crawl with my kids last night did not goto sleep 'til 
3:00AM  I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late!!!
It was fun,  everybody sings here!
We are on to Kilkenny today!
Cheers, Claire W.






2 comments:

  1. Hopefully your kids enjoyed the textile museum. What great garments!! Sounds like you're having a great trip. You'll need a vacation when you get back to recover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The textile exhibit was so interesting! I think you are right about the copper plate. Will you try to go back toe the Gaol? Oh my! 3 am! Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete