Sunday, October 1, 2017

Halloween Quilt Update

                                                            Happy October 1st!
 As a child I remember feeling that from October 1st to the 31st lasted an eternity.  But being older (and somewhat wiser)  I know the 31st will be here in the blink of an eye!

  I figured maybe I'd better get a move-on with my October quilt.  My first post about this was here:
http://cspoonquilt.blogspot.com/2017/09/halloween-october-quilt.html.

Since then I have done ZIP.  But today when I looked at the calendar I thought to myself 'YIKES!'
I think I've made a good start.  I got the center figured out and sewn together and I cut out a bunch of the outside border; but , I'm a bit stuck on what to use for background on the border.
I auditions a whole bunch of things.
                                                 And I got it narrowed down to these two.
                                                     I just can't make up my feeble mind!
I like this one 'cause the tone of white is better with the background of the triangles.
But I like this one 'cause it fits the theme so well.
What do you think?!
I'm determined to at least get the top done by the end of the month.
Wish me luck!  
Have a great week!
Cheers, Claire W.


5 comments:

  1. What interesting prints. Love the different birds, the spiderweb, and of course, the masked woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the spider web one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my daughter loves Halloween quilts and she sure would love this one. And the spider webs are a perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this panel! I have other fabrics in the line; not a clue what they are. Fun quilt! I vote for the webs, too.

    ReplyDelete