Monday, March 19, 2018

Flannel Quilt

While I've been posting all these Fair Pix I started a flannel quilt to use during the cold months...OK it is almost Spring but right now it's still pretty cold so I'm going-for-it.

This was my start;  I had one piece of flannel that was big enough to go in the middle and a scrappy piece that I was able to cut out a number of various sized rectangles.  This project was really motivated by this charming print.  I just love it!   I found these pieces in the Bargain Garden (guild flea market).  It's got to be at least 20 years old.  I know this because I bought some at the local fabric store about 20 years ago.  I used it to back a kid quilt.  I always regretted not getting enough to make something for myself.  So when I saw this at the BG I snatched it right up!
I've made some sewing progress, I'll post when I get some pix.
Have a great week!
Cheers, CW

3 comments:

  1. I made a flannel quilt with that print back in the 90s. I still love it and can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun ! I absolutely adore the print. Wish they would make something like it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the ending, too!

    ReplyDelete