Friday, May 11, 2018

Progress on Sampler Blocks

I've been having fun (and some challenges) working on the Sampler blocks for my Quilting Basics Class.  Working in Parallel I have tried to make a number of different blocks that exemplify different skills in piecing.  I think I have a pretty good start.  So far I have Blocks with HST, partial seams, simple and more complex strip piecing,  4-point stars, 8 point stars and a few misc. components.  I still need to tackle set-in corners,  diamond patches and odd angle triangles.  Anything I've missed give me a shout?!  I should say I'm just concentrating on piecing skills...I will leave the applique  teaching to those who have skill in that arena! LOL

I haven't figured out the layouts yet and the Vintage vs Modern are not exact copies, block for block,  but I think they will make good teaching samples.  Here's what Iv'e got so far:
The 8 pointed stars did not turn out so well.  The design in the French General toile (top center) kind of blended in a odd way so the out line of the star is a little muddled and in the Mod. 8 pointed star the background is a bit to busy.  But I think I will leave them in.  It makes a good teaching point in.
Have a great weekend!
cheers, CW

1 comment:

  1. You are so good to be working hard on getting all these quilting skills. It makes me think I should be doing something like this too. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete