My goal was to finish these two tops by the end of today!
My original idea was to make them identical, one in French General prints and the other Modern prints. I had a lot of trouble getting the French General prints to play nice. There were several that I couldn't use 'cause the prints were really large scale. Things I would use for borders.
And I was running out of time ! I want to show these examples at guild tonight to illustrate what I want to teach in the "Basics" class.
I decided that as long as I had examples of all the lessons Between the two tops it would accomplish my goal.
So I finished the FG fabrics sample as a wall hanging. I liked it a lot more when I added the toile as a filler. It created a lot more interest.
And now onto the modern top...
I've got all of these units sewn together. I just need to make one more block. The spaces will be all neutral filler fabs like the grey dots. So I think I can get it done before 6PM!
Wahoo! a full day of sewing!
Have a great Day!