Saturday, July 7, 2018

A few charitable finishes

Well,  it's taken quite awhile to get my daily rhythm back since vacation but I have been sewing!  I was feeling rather guilty that I had fallen behind in my charitable sewing so I pulled out the box with all the "in progress" things and selected a few tops that just needed borders. 
This first one I found all the plaid patches pre-cut in the guild flea market.  That was a no brainer!  And it will make a nice lap quilt for the Vet's project. 
This second one was started with these end pieces from a Jelly roll, also a flea market find. .  It was fun sorting them out light from dark and then trying to match them up so's to make a certain length with all the strips.
My stash of shades of gray is growing. (no wink to the Movie)
But I can remember a time, maybe 15 years ago when I was in a swap where we all decided to use gray fabs for the back ground of the blocks and most of us did not have a single gray fab in our stashes!  How the pendulum swings?!  
Happy Saturday!
Cheers, CW

3 comments:

  1. Love the plaids! Congrats on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved grey and for a long time my living room was painted grey (big Victorian house). I find it a very restful colour and, as your quilt shows, its a good foil for others too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, gray is a very soothing color I can see why you might choose it as a wall color!
      And it plays well with any color! I remember reading in one of Barbra Brackman's post that back in the day (maybe '70's) gray and white were the "go-to" colors for background fabric and then the Arty '80's rolled in and they were pushed aside for more colorful backgrounds. Now with the Modern quilt movement they are once again de rigueur!

      Delete