Friday, June 15, 2018

Patterns, Patterns everywhere!

I'm always on the lookout for block and quilting patterns.  Stain glass,  Tiles, Carvings;
 they all suggest possibilities!  Here are a few I've seen along the way...












Even the door sills... 
and the tops of buildings provide ideas for designs!
Coming from California where architectural designs tend to be more modern (and somewhat thin on the ground) traveling in Europe is a veritable smorgasbord of design ideas! Such a visual treat!

My DH and I have had a lot of fun traveling around,  listening, looking and learning, but it's time to get back to our home to more mundane tasks.  The weeds need pulling,  the bills need paying,  but happily my sewing machine awaits!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheers, CW

5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone! Thanks for all the wonderful comments! I did not know Blogger is no longer sending notices of comments to websites! What's up with that?! Anywho, I try to keep up but I think I will just say thanks for now and see you soon. Cheers, CW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first phone this is in black and white (or maybe it's in color but the colors are white, grey, and black?) looks like a stone sampler quilt. It's hard to imagine someone creating all those patterns in stone! What a lot of patience and skill. The next photo with all the quilt block patterns in pastels is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such a great eye for finding quilt patterns within architectural elements. I especially love the one thadt looks like a sampler quilt. Can you get a pattern for that ? ;-)
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traveling opens our eyes to many different thoughts if we let it. I'm glad you've had such a delightful vacation. Thanks for sharing so much with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had already enjoyed some of these pictures on instagram but they look even better on a big screen. It looks like you had a wonderful trip, so I hope you don't return to too many weeds or bills!

    ReplyDelete