Monday, October 15, 2018

Pacific International Quilt Festival 2018

 I managed to attend PIQF last week.  What a Show!  I always like to start in the far corner from the entrance where it's not so crowded.  That is generally where the International Quilts are displayed.  Here's a little sample.







































Quite a variety of themes, techniques and craftsmanship!
There were quite a number of environmental / nature themed quilts.  I counted at least 5 Bee themed quilts (as a bee keeper I keep an eye out for such things) ther were also several Monarch Butterfly themed quilts.  It's nice to see so much awareness of such topics!
There must have been at least 700 quilts on display, not including the vendors displays!  I'll post more later in a couple of days.
Have a great week!
Cheers, CW

4 comments:

  1. I seem to always find the best quilts in the back section, and along the walls. Great show this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the childhood memories, maker from Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for sharing these beautiful quilts!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection, Claire. I'm so glad you included my favorite Australian quilt, the Best of Country winner. The way this quilt was made by 2 friends is amazing. It's worth reading the small print in the description. It was a wonderful show!

    ReplyDelete