Monday, October 8, 2018

A very Sewing weekend!

My husband was out of town this weekend.  Love the man; but, boy do I get a lot of sewing done when he is not around!
This quilt has been waiting, pinned to the frame for 2 weeks and then on Sat. I got the whole thing quilted without a single interruption.  And Sun I finished binding it!   The center of the top was a guild Flea Market find.  It came with extra fabric which, along with the solid blue I used to make the borders.
Hard to believe some one got that whole center done and then gave it away?!  Well it will make a wonderful donation quilt with very little effort on my part!
These pin wheel blocks were so much fun to quilt!  
All I had to do was trail around the designs, which is really easy with a long arm. 
It is so interesting how one piece of fabric can create so many patterns with the stack and wack method.


I used a wonderful plush bed throw for the backing.  The quilt is not as flat but it is so wonderfully squishy and since this quilt is probably going to a kid that seemed the better choice.
Besides finishing this quilt I got 3 other quilts machine bound. They too had been hanging around for quite awhile.  It felt really good to get all those loose ends sew-up!!
I hope you all get some Quality sewing time in this week!
Cheers, CW

3 comments:

  1. A very productive weekend. It is nice to occasionally have time with no one to interrupt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, Claire. Nice Bargain Garden find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were productive. It makes me think I'll try to send my family off for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete