Saturday, January 26, 2019

Looking at the Clock...

Once again time has flitted by. While I have been sewing I have not been posting.
Here are some of the things I've been working on in the past month.
Baby quilt for a friend of my daughter.  They've been friends since pre school.  Does make me feel a bit old but I'm very happy for her!  Shown here as a flimsy but I did get it quilted and bound and it's ready for the mail!
From a pattern.  It was an interesting construction.  That part was fun but the packet of fat quarters,  in my opinion, did not really jive very well and I had to monkey things around to balance the blocks. But it will do for a donation quilt.
This is an all flannel quilt  made with a layer cake of cute winter theme prints.  I got it all pieced and quilted before xmas in hopes of sending it as a holiday gift to my son's family.  I don't even remember why it stalled out and I could not get the binding on .  Oh well,  I'll be way ahead on my gifts for this year!
I'm determined to improve my machine quilting skills so I put this cheater panel on the frame and doodled around.
It was fun!  and I think it will make a fine donation quilt!
Here's the back,  you can see my boo-boos  but they don't really show on the front 'cause it's so busy!
This next quilt was inspired by a Layer Cake of solids.  I am currently practicing on a solid white top with grey thread.  When I finish that I'm going to try this one.  Much more challenging all the mistakes will show Back and Front!
These last two quilt tops were finished a long time ago.  I don't generally job out my quilting but there's a new machine quilter in town and I thought I'd give him some business and get some of my donation quilts finished
He has 2 of those big fancy computer guided quilt machines and he's been very busy right from the beginning just with local customers.
For this first quilt he chose an Oak Leaf and Acorn motif I thought it suited the Fall color theme of the quilt pretty well.
And for the second top he chose a swirl, that was a pretty good match too!
I was generally pleased.  I'm not wild about overall patterns but it gets the job done!  And I'm already +3 on my charitable quilt's quota for 2019...that is if I can get my butt in gear to bind them, lol! 
Part of my being so MIA in blogland is that I'm the head chairperson for my local guild's Quilt Show this year.  I consider myself a pretty good worker bee but I'm not a great admin. type person so I've really been feeling challenged.  But I have a great crew of committee members and we are all in all pretty together!  And the Fair is at the end of Feb. so my job will soon be over!
'Til then my posting will probably continue to be spotty at best.
I hope you are all having a wonderful new year!
Cheers, CW


3 comments:

  1. Great, fun quilts, Claire! Can you guess which one is my favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post...love the green ninepatch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of terrific quilts and tops, Claire!!

    ReplyDelete