Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Liberated UFO

A bit of a departure from my latest projects but the central piecework with a pile of fabric has been siting around for about 7 years.
I'm not sure what prompted me to dig it out?!  Sometimes I think projects reach their own Critical mass and send out some vibe.  It is mysterious!
 At any rate As I was browsing my UFO baskets trying to decide what projects to take on vacation My hand hovered over this rather large pile of fabrics and something clicked.
The thought passed through my brain....
I did not have to be stuck in / with my original vision for this group of fabrics.

I Could just make something else with them!


After all it had been 7 years waiting to be made up into the original idea and that had not happened?!                                                       So into the suit case it went.
      It's amazing how liberating giving up certain ideas can be!  It makes room for new ideas!!! 

It just took me a couple of mornings to sew this and I have a plan for the next border and then it will                                                                              be done!!  
                                                                      Liberate a UFO!

                                                                    Have a great week!
    Cheers, CW

 

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea - I have a few projects that need to be liberated. Just kidding - there are way more than a few.
    Your quilt is lovely. Enjoy playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I Know! But we just have to keep liberating them one by one (when the mood strikes!) LOL

      Delete
  2. Genius. I love the blue inner border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya it definitely needed a little something to separate those two larger borders! cheers!

    ReplyDelete