Monday, February 17, 2020

Happy Presidents Day

Well I have not been posting much but I have been sewing!  Here are a couple of finishes!
I think it was last Summer when I posted about this project.  I titled it "Liberated UFO" because The blocks had been languishing in a basket for several years because I was stuck on an old idea of how to put them together.  Then one day I just said forget,  put them together some other way.  And in  matter of days the top was finished!
And now it's really finished, binding and all. 
I quilted it very simply, mostly in the ditch. 
I backed it with something soft and fuzzy and even tho' the quilting was nothing special it still makes a nice pattern on the back.  Ya' gotta Love Matching thread!
This next finish was a rescue project from last years Guild Flea market. 
It was a small sample book of striped denim like material.  Destined for the land fill.
But I thought "I can do something with that"  so I adopted it. 
More simple quilting and a back to front binding treatment and Done!
Turning the back to front with a denim type of material makes a very clean edge.  I like the look of that!
Except for the batting, the whole quilt is made with different types of denim.  It's not to stiff  'cause they are all pretty light weight. 
Sometime last Fall I said I was going to Only work on UFOs 'til further notice.
Well I kinda bent the rules.  Every once in awhile it's nice to start something new to break up the monotony.  So in Jan. I dug out a bag of leftovers I'd scrounged from the Flea Market. By chance it coordinated very nicely with a charm packet and some other yardage that I already had and so I made this top.
Well it's not quite finished but it's very close... 
A parting view.
We've been having some spectacular Sunsets lately.
Unfortunately no rain... 
I hope you have a nice Holiday!
Peace, CW

2 comments:

  1. Nice work on the Ufo's! The Denim one is especially appealing to me for some reason. Lovely color palette. And adding charm packs to leftovers isn't exactly starting something new, it's just helping to move along the leftovers!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like your logic! That's what I'm saying from now on!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete