Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy B-day to Mom!

My mom is turning 90 on Weds.  Nov.13th!  She loves the color red so I made her a red lap quilt. It's really much prettier than the picture but for some reason the reds don't photo well, maybe it's too much of one color for the camera's sensors?!  But the color is really lush with all those different shades of red.
 I backed it with this pretty floral flannel, good print for a little old lady don't you think?
 And then I bound it with some black velvet for an extra soft edge.  
I actually finished this quilt awhile ago I wrote about how I constructed it on my website you can check out that process here- http://clairewitherspoon.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/back-at-the-red-bar-ranch-june-2012/
Happy November!
cheers, CW

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt! The flannel looks so cosy, and a velvet binding seems wonderfully luxurious:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for your mom! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you Mum!! What a fun and happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh Happy Birthday to your mom!
    That's a lovely quilt you made her and yeah I know the problem about reds not really showing true on pictures ...

    ReplyDelete