Monday, May 2, 2016

Student's Finish

I taught my "Scrap Strategies" class last year For the Pacific Piecemakers in Gualala, CA. ( read about it here).  It was a wonderful group of students, and a really fun class!  This week I was contacted by Patty Wolfe one of my students there who sent me a picture of her finished project along with a really nice note with a lot of positive feedback!   It's so great to get pix of finished projects that were started in one of my classes!
Patty used some Dog fabric scraps mixed in with pix of her pooch to make a really nice  quilt to honor her miniature schnauzer, Kosmos!  It looks great!  Black, white, pink and red is always a great color scheme and the pix of Kosmos are adorable!
MY apologies to Patty for first posting her name as Dean.  That is her husbands name, it was on the email address and that's what stuck in my head, but it is Patt'ys quilt that you view here.  Sorry for my confusion, just one more proof that getting old is not for the faint of heart!
Finishing is always a challenge and I don't expect every student to finish every project, but it's really nice to hear about it when they do!  Thanks Patty!
Cheers, Claire W.

1 comment:

  1. I so am so glad Dean shared her quilt with you, because I got to see it! She did a great job!

    ReplyDelete