Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Dolls

I have always admired all the the work of the Doll makers in our guild but have never been drawn to make one myself.  But recently I taught and informal class for a very charitable group which is a part our my local guild and as a thank you gift one of the participants gave me this charming doll!

What a sweet little face!  But as the maker of the doll demonstrated to me the doll has two faces.  When she's feeling cheerful this is he face.
I when she's feeling a little devilish she turns her around!
I said i knew just where I would put her on display in my sewing room.  The menu poster has been in my sewing room for years.  and now she sometimes has company.
I felt so appreciated to be presented with such a sweet creation!!
More on dolls later.  I just arrived in Burlington, Vermont  today going to the Quilt show tomorrow!!
cheers, CW

8 comments:

  1. this doll is amazing--love the "bad mood" face--cracked me up!! what a talented doll maker..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. We so appreciated you taking time to share your quilts and ideas with us. I am happily working away on my "hot mess" blocks from scraps. Mary's little doll is perfect beside your menu sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed getting to know your group a little better!

      Delete
  3. What a cute doll! I have to admit I like the devilish side more, and it goes so well with the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. enjoy the show and take lots of pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever little doll. It gives me all kinds of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to everyone for your kind comments and visiting my blog! Cheers, CW

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun post! it was fun to meet you too! I hope our paths cross again
    xo

    ReplyDelete