Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Halloween Quilt Finished!

             Along with the I goal mentioned in my last post I also finished the Halloween Quilt                                                                      that I posted about (Before Halloween).
As I mentioned I dithered around with the backing, here's why. 
I found this super fun plush throw at Ross on Sale for $9.00.  I thought it was big enough but it was NOT!  Grrrrrr!
So I sat with it for about a week and finally decided I would just put some Minky on the sides to make it big enough.  The loft is different but they are both nice and soft and purple.  I'm OK with the look but when I touch it, it is so soft and yummy I know it was the right choice! 
I quilted the blocks in the same style as the I Spy quilt I finished in Sept.
There are so many fun fabrics in this quilt! 
I even got the binding put on before 'All Hallowed Eve'  thanks to my sewing machine!  Lately I've been cutting the bindings 2.5", folding, sewing to the front and then stitching in the ditch on the front.  It looks nice and tidy on the front....
 and not bad on the back either and it saves a Boat load of time!!!
Still haven't started anything new and I have another UFO in my sights for November!!
Have a great rest of your week!
Cheers, CW

4 comments:

  1. Cute quilt and I just love the backing!!! Good choice to add on to it. I've used a few plush blankets as backing for quilts and they are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! Ya, I think plush for backings are especially nice for kids quilts. It saves money too, no batting needed! And I can often find them on sale at Ross or Marshalls and they tend to be wider than normal yardage. cheers!

      Delete
  2. Excellent finish, Claire. And so warm and cozy for these cold nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! we've been using that extra layer on our bed this past week! cheers!

    ReplyDelete