Tuesday, April 7, 2020

More Orphan blocks

This project developed quickly and I'm happy with the results!  A cheerful kid quilt!  I might have to redo the lower left corner.  I think I should of put the coping strip on the inside of that block inside of on the end.  It looks like a dangling participle!  (Not sure that applies here but it sounds good!)
The boat hull was this really ugly brown so I just sewed the nice red over it and that tied it in with all the other  red blocks.  I wish all of my orphan block designs came together as easily as this one...or maybe not.  It's fun to struggle a bit and then work things out. 
Parting shot:  another of my favorite Spring blooms, Apple blossoms!
Let's hope for blue skies ahead for everyone!!
Stay home, stay safe!
cheers, cw

10 comments:

  1. I love how these orphan blocks came together...nice work.
    Our trees are pretty red with buds--but no leaves as yet. April is a cruel month--it looks so pretty but is really still pretty cold out there...
    ~ ~ ~ from partly sunny skies Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an exercise in patience isn't it?! Spring colors come and go so quickly, but you have a lot to look forward to! stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that turned out great! Really cheery. Good decision on the red boat. I had to crack up at the "dangling participle"...for some reason my warped mind followed that with "we speak the words that matter... with words that must be said" (Simon and Garfunkle) Ha ha!! Yep, Spring is definitely blooming and looking gorgeous right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's a terrific quilt, a breath of fresh air! Great idea to applique a bright color over the hull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia, it was fun to make and I think it will be fun to quilt! Stay safe!

      Delete
  4. Great little quilt, Claire. Thanks for the share and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find this quilt quite delightful!

    ReplyDelete