I just finished this quilt top today! The beginnings of this top date back to 2011. My friend Sandy H. (My Material Creations) had made and displayed a modified 9 patch- in- 9 patch at our local Quilt Show
( sorry I can't remember the designers name). My friend Randy D. (Barrister's Block) saw the quilt at the quilt Show and just loved it. She was working on top when I came to visit her for a little Winter retreat at her house in Sunriver. I know it was 2011 because I actually found the post that Randy made about it:
I decided to make the quilt too. I found a print that I thought might work well for the pattern. I just guesstimated how much yardage . It wasn't 'til I'd made the first few blocks back home that I realized I did not have enough of the print. Into the UFO pile it went.
I brought it out once or twice over the years and made more 9 patches but always stalled out due to lack of fabric to finish. I'm not sure what prompted me to dig it out last week but I just decided I was going to take what I had and make something out of it!
50" x 68"
The original quilt was 7 x 7 blocks. I managed to get enough sewn to make 3 2/3's x 5 blocks with some adjustments to the configuration. I think it kind of captures some of the flavor of the original. But for this Ancient UFO to finally be done I am very glad!!!!!!
I still like the fabric.
But I don't think it is as successful as the blue and white fabric that Randy used in her's.
But it's DONE! Yeah!
I hope you are all well and safe.
Take care, CW