Monday, May 21, 2018

Class Samples

I did manage to finish both these tops last Monday so I could take them to Guild to advertise my Basic Quilting class!
And Sat. the class went really well!  Everyone did really well!
I showed how to check their quarter inch on their sewing machines and they made some sample 4 patch and 9 patch blocks.
For seasoned piecers this might seem So basic but for beginners, this the place to start.
I was pleased with the way the Modern Sampler came out altho' I think I'm going to add borders to make it wider.  But when I asked my students which example they liked better they all preferred the French General Fabrics!
What do I know?! 
I think I will take them to the Modern Quilt Guild 'show and share' and see what they say.
To each their own!
Happy Sewing!
cheers! cw

2 comments:

  1. Awesome melding of your lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would find it hard to choose which palette I perfer. Though I'm a big French General fan, there is something about those fresh bright colours in your modern mix up that really appeals. But then you are such a wonderful quilter- what lucky students.

    ReplyDelete