Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Various and Sundry

Not surprisingly my last post in April was to be followed by one in May, that  didnt happen😂.  Once again circumstances-conspired- against-me (ccam) and here it is October.  Oh well.  I've got some interesting things to share...

Baby quilt for August- 45" x 50"
I don't normally take requests but this was for someone special.  My young cousin was having her first child and I asked her what kind of baby quilt she'd like.  She sent me a picture of a painting with this general design.  (Be careful what you offer)  But it turned out to be a fun project.  I enjoyed the challenge of translating painted Art into textile.

Next up, another baby quilt.  The inspiration was this wonderful print.
I agonized over how to cut it up without cutting into to many of the squares.  Such great graphix!
Still needs quilting but it's almost done.

I've been working on this top since Covid.  It started as a graduation present for my daughter-in-law. (favorite color purple)  But the finish didn't make it in time for that event.  Then this year I thought I'd finish it for her 40th Birthday.  But No!  More ccam!  So I sent her a really nice silk scarf.  But I'm getting close to a finished top!
Maybe I'll get it done for Xmas.  An old women can dream can't she?!😁

I'm still making quilts for Camp Erin (Therapy camp for kids who have lost family members to Cancer).
The program is coordinated by our local Hospice.  They have plenty of quilt donations of the pretty more 'girl' oriented designs, but not so many for the boys, so I try to make some in plaids etc.   55" x 65"

I'm continuing my exploration of how to use up Orphan Blocks.  This is the latest effort.  
It ended up like this.
These projects are so much fun!  

Well I've got lots of other projects in the works but maybe this is enough reporting for one day.
I hope you are all well!
Happy October!
Claire W.

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Various and Sundry

Not surprisingly my last post in April was to be followed by one in May, that  didnt happen😂.  Once again circumstances-conspired- against-...