Monday, May 11, 2015

Some Finishes for the Fair!

I finished a couple of quilts for my local Fair that I have not shared yet...
The idea for this quilt came from the fact that I have always admired vintage harlequin quilts and I wondered what it might look like in Modern colors?!
The quilting had to be something simple so I could replicate it freehand several times ('cause I was running out of time) So I picked a few motifs that I could easily repeat and looked kind of 'modern'.  I got the idea for the layout of the motifs from studying this fabric:
The other quilt I put in the show was this one.  You can read more about the inspiration for this quilt here 
This quilt was a lot of fun to make.  I think I will try making it again but more scrappy and not in flannel as the flannel was a bit too stretchy.
Tha Fair is always a good motivator for me otherwise some of these ideas would never get finished!! LOL!
cheers, Claire W.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the bottom one ... and I still like the pattern, but the coulours and fabrics not so much ... they are just not me - but on the other hand they work very well together as a set ...
    I especially like the "different" upper border of the harlequin quilt - really made for a bed where the top part doesn't need to fall over the edges, or a lap quilt where you don't really see the top bit anyway ...

    ReplyDelete