Thursday, June 15, 2017

Thank You for the Thank You Blocks!

Thank you one and all who made these fabulous Churn Dash blocks for me!  They are going to be so much fun to sew together.  I just quickly put them on my design wall so you could see what a great effect they have when put side by side! There are so many fun prints mixed in here and so many great color combos.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

And for those of you in blog land who are wondering what all this is about....One of the best parts about being the Block of the Month person (and various other Board positions) for my local guild is that at the end of our biz year we give out Thank You blocks to all concerned!  This year I asked for churn dash blocks with the Dash in solid fab and the background to be printed.

This is a nod to the first BOM I made for PVQA in June 2015 where I proposed a sailboat block with solid fab boats and print backgrounds.  Read about that here.  That led to a conversation with Lynn over at http://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/ about any block with a solid in the foreground and a print in the background and how that is generally a very cool effect!  And Lynn has made a whole series of quilts with that idea in mind.  I thought I would revisit that idea in my request for Thank You Blocks.  I'm very happy I did.  I think with a little juggling of colors and maybe a few more rows these blocks will make a really fun quilt!
After chores this will be a sew day for me! Yipee!
Thanks again to all my fellow guild members who made these great block!
Happy Thurs!
Claire W.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! It's so interesting how the background dominates in some blocks. More of a challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The placement of the blocks seems well considered... a pleasing balance of vivid blocks with quieter ones.. I have just finished piecing some churn dash blocks and shoo fly blocks for a wall hanging.. has been a kind of therapy.. piecing away by hand... then some hand quilting on another small project... Nice to see this old traditional pattern being selected.

    ReplyDelete