Sunday, September 23, 2018

Blogger's Festival- Fall 2018

Looking back on 2018 quilt finishes I think maybe I've been a little off my game or preoccupied.  But going through the possibilities I decided to show this quilt.  It's an original design, all the blocks are free form curve pieced and improvised so I think it might be interesting to some viewers?!  It was certainly fun to make since there were very constraints on what I could do!  And I always like a to work with a Medallion design.  There's just something really fun about starting in the middle and working your way out to the edge. Here's the link back to the festival
 I got that grey, black and whit print at Quilt Con this year.  It really helped to balance things out.  I wish I'd bought more!
This quilt started because I was doing a Demo of Free Formed Curved Piecing for the Northern California Quilt Council's January Meeting.  I kept making blocks for samples to show how easy it is to convert a conventional block into a Free form block and before you know it I had a whole collection of blocks!
I am definitely going to try this idea out again; maybe in pastels or another color scheme!
If you would like to learn more about this fun technique look here.
Happy Blogging!
Cheers, CW


6 comments:

  1. Your quilt is so much fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. I really enjoy your brighff bold colors. You definately have a knack for improvisation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is great - it sounds awfully familiar. There is a great feeling of creativity, when you move away from a pattern and start to improvise. That’s certInly the quilts I love the most....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun, happy quilt. Really enjoyed seeing it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you have pulled all the different blocks together with your grey and b/w fabrics. It's very effective and makes them look like they were always intended to go together in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete