Friday, February 12, 2021

A Sampler of a Different Color!

In  contrast to the Sampler I showed in my last post, which I would describe as very traditional,  this collection of blocks is any thing but!   

Most of the blocks came together as one donation and tho' some of the blocks were quite traditional in pattern...
Some of them were definitely Not traditional...
But the blocks had some Unity in that the striped fabric in the above picture was in every block and the color scheme generally pulled from the colors in that fabric.




There were 12  donated blocks.   I had to come up with 4 more that would jive with the original 12  in order to make  a 4 x 4 block layout.  I found 3 blocks in my orphans stash that I thought worked OK and then I constructed one that kind of mimicked the style of one of the existing blocks.  Can you tell the extras from the original 12?
Oddly enough the extras form the second column from the left.  I did not really notice that 'til I looked at the photo.  I think it all looks reasonably balanced?
I'm actually pretty happy with the overall result.  It was fun to assemble and it feels like a really Happy quilt top to me with all the bright colors and Yellow border!
Hmmmm...
I think I need to put more bright colors in my future!
Have a Great, Safe and Healthy weekend!
Peace, cw





  

6 comments:

  1. Interesting fun blocks. You did an excellent job filling them in with your own creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy, I think part of the fun for me was that they Were so different! take care, cw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely happy, yes, and balanced! I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia, Yes, the yellow really gives it some visual Zing!
      take care, cw

      Delete
  4. Oh my yes, what a happy quilt! I think it balances perfectly. We all need a little brightness right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wendy! You are sooooooo right! take care! cw

    ReplyDelete