Saturday, March 20, 2021

Another CZU donation top finished

I was getting a bit tired of fussing with orphan blocks and these pretty yellow and blue prints caught my eye at thousandsofblots.com.  I decided to splurge and order some fresh fabrics to make my next CZU bed quilt.  I also decided to make life simple and make a Bar quilt. 
99" x 92"
 It's got enough piece work to make it interesting but it takes advantage of those pretty prints carrying the design along.
The toile was kind of a cheat.  There are really only two motifs that have been flipped around and repeated with some filler leaves and flowers.  Not really a true Toile but it will do.
It's on the quilt frame now.  It's fun quilting it 'cause the bars run the length of the frame and I can get a whole row quilted without interruption!  Easy peasy!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
take care, cw





7 comments:

  1. Those fabrics are gorgeous. Beautiful patterns and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know ! Fresh yardage always gives me a lift especially if I know what I'm going to use it for! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! take care, cw

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to make someone very happy. Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so. Of course the bigger bed quilts are very much in demand. I figure it does not have to have 1000 pieces in it as long as it's pretty?!

      Delete
  4. It is gorgeous! How can you part with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's big but it did not take a super long time to make and I have sooooo many quilts already and I know it will go to someone who needs it it's not to hard to let go. take care, cw

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to see this in its full glory. Blue and yellow always make me happy! I like what you did with these fabrics. I know what you mean about parting with it--I'm guessing you were thinking about that anonymous recipient when you were making it. That's how I felt when doing needlepoint for a particular person.

    ReplyDelete