Saturday, March 13, 2021

Another UFO done!

 I made the quilt top for this quilt several years ago when I was working on samples for a class I  ambitiously called "Simple Modern Improv".   You can see other samples for that class under the "Workshop" tab.  I often did not finish sample tops so's I did not have to schlep around so many finished quilts.  Since I have not been teaching much of late I have been finishing a lot of these tops and donating them.

I quilted this top some time ago but had not bound it. The top was wide enough but a little to short to cover the CZU donation size requirements.   But by quilting some strips of fabric and then sewing them onto the top and bottom of the already quilted quilt it was long enough to qualify as a Twin size.  So off it went in the last batch of donations.

I quilted it with a lot of parallel lines and some circles to brake the monotony.
I think I must have been a very strange frame of mind when I picked the backing fabrics.  I guess the fish/ chickens / spaniels fabric has kind of a '50's vibe, maybe that's why I chose it.
Well it's done!  😁
I can move on...
I hope you are all well and safe!
take care, cw


4 comments:

  1. That backing fabric is funny--I would not have expected it to be in your stash! And YAY--another donation quilt done! You are so prolific, Claire. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know that fabric is at least 20 years old! I guess it dates to my farm yard fabric faze. LOL

      Delete
  2. Claire, I love what you’ve done with this, and what an ingenious idea to add to an already quilted piece! You’ll have to teach me how to do this. Just think... I could turn four lap quilts into a bed size quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theoretically it could be done. It was fairly easy on this quilt I think it would be physically much harder on a big bed quilt. But I be hapy to help if you want to try?!

      Delete