Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Quilted and Done!!!

I think I blogged about this top back in Dec.  I ran out of Kona White and had to buy some more online.  So that delayed the finish.  I think all together it took 4-5 yards of the white fabric.  It's 99" square.  White fabric looks great but it's such a pain.  Everything has to be kept clean or you get all kinds of threads stuck to it!
Everything seems to take so much longer when a quilt is big. Just pinning it on the frame took a whole day!.  And of course I chose to do the blocks with ruler work so that took a lot of time!
I could have quilted it with wreaths or something but that would have taken even longer.  As it was I worked on it every day for 2-3 hours for a whole week!
I'm happy with the results and and with all that repetition I think my ruler skills have improved😀
I splurged and bought 108" backing.  It was on sale $11.00/ yard so it only set me back about $35.00.        I find with the really big quilts a pieced back is pretty hard to keep square with the top and not get tucks on the back so one nice big piece of fabric saves time and energy.
I hope you are all safe and healthy!
take care, CW


 

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific quilt, all the color against the white. Congratulations on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete