Saturday, May 15, 2021

FINISHED AT LAST!

Over the years I have finished a number of vintage tops.  Vintage tops which I purchased with the idea of quilting either by hand or machine.  They might sit around for awhile but eventually I would get them quilted.  I'm pretty sure this one holds the record for "sitting around"!  About 25 years!
It spent over a week on the quilting frame because there's a lot of ruler work .  Why do I do this to myself?!
I do like quilty challenges and this was most definitely a challenge!
None of the lavender squares were actually square.   The worst actually measured 12" x 13". So finding a quilt pattern for them was a real problem.  I settled on the grid work because it did not have to be 'centered' on the squares.  It could just run off the edge when out of space........
Definitely not perfect but I think it's less distracting than a centered motif
The backing was provided by my friend Sandy over at Material Creations
A nice counter balance to the busy-busy of the front!
And you can't see any of my many boo-boos!
I hope it finds a good home!
Have a great weekend!
take care, cw




 

6 comments:

  1. That star couldn't be the quilt you started at Pam Larson's house so many years ago in Sunriver, is it??
    Or was it one you bought?
    Either way, it's a great quilt and your quilting was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I didn’t even recognize that backing, lol! Perfect for your top, which you did an amazing job on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, it came out beautifully! What an accomplishment. Thank goodness no one is counting my UFO's. I know I have some that are that old. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on a beautiful finish. I love the color palette of the star

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It looks fantastic! I'm glad you took a photo of it on the bed--it's huge!
    You deserve a ribbon and a prize for tackling this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful quilt! The colours are stunning and your quilting is perfect for the design. Congratulations on a most amazing finish!

    ReplyDelete