Saturday, October 2, 2021

Sewing Drought Over!

 I've been going through a Dry spell with my sewing.  I've tried to attribute it to being busy with lots of other stuff.   But I think it really stemmed from all that sewing for the CZU project earlier in the year.   I was just burnt out!   I didn't worry about it toooooo much.  I figured inspiration would come.  But,  I didn't think the dry spell would last all Summer!  Oh well...

In comes my daughter last week with a request for a baby quilt for a friend who's having a baby in November.   Baby quilts are so much fun to make!  That jump started my sewing mojo!  

My approach to baby quilts is generally to make them simple.  No fussy piecing or quilting.  I want them to be used and loved not put in a drawer like an heirloom.   I use lots of cute kid prints and I generally like to use flannel so there nice and soft and cuddly.



You can guess the gender of this child?!
I try not to be gender biased so I try to stick to animal prints etc. but the blue fabrics just kinda come out when I'm thinking about baby boy quilts...
One of my best friend's daughter just had a baby 2 weeks ago.  I'd been meaning to make her baby a quilt all Summer but just could not get it together...
Now it's almost finished!   I'm on a roll...
Happy October!
take care, cw



No comments:

Post a Comment