Monday, June 27, 2022

8 foot Foxglove, Oh My!

We've been gone to the Northwest (Olympic Peninsula)  for vacation with our family!  It was great fun, lots of hikes and seafood and it rained!  Our neighbors complained that it had been a very wet cold May.  It was hard to be sympathetic coming from drought stricken California, wawawa...

We were very surprised at the amazing field of foxglove that had grown up on this hillside near our cabin since we were last there.  Here's my husband providing context for just how tall some of these plants are!

The hill was actually logged last year.  Which is probably why the foxglove have taken over.  All that  sunshine!

It's hard to get a shot of the whole view,  but the hill was just covered with these beautiful flowers!
It was the lowest Tide of the year while we were there.  Fun to go out on the mud flat and dig for clams.
We went up to Mt. Walker to get a great view of the Olympics.
v
After the grand kids went home I even had a little time for sewing.
It feels like this Summer is whizzing by?!
I hope you are enjoying your Summer!!
take care, cw





4 comments:

  1. Great nature shots! And being there for the lowest tide of the year--very cool. We used to dig for clams, well my parents and grandparents did, while my brother and I played. I didn't like clam chowder until I was much older. I do like your sewing project. Will the purple repeat in every block?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Claim chowder was a kind of mystery food! lol. take care, cw

      Delete
  2. I am so intrigued with the foxglove, which is the plant Digitalis is made from...I give that all the time in my work in CCU!!!! Such a pretty quilt you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Foxglove is a source for Digitalis, altho' I wonder if it is still done by extraction from the plant or made now by synthetic means?! thanks for stopping by! take care, cw

    ReplyDelete